Presentations and Publications
- Hoyle, J. (2009, April). Leveraging Technology to Answer Difficult Ergonomic Questions: Assessing Risk and Justifying Solutions. Presented at the Ohio Safety Congress and Exposition, Columbus, OH.
- Greenwald, J. (2009, March). Ergonomic Program Development: Conducting Effective Program Audits.Presented at the 12th annual Applied Ergonomics Conference,Reno, NV.
- Greenwald, J. (2008, August). Moving from a Reactive to a Proactive Ergonomics Program.Presented at the 24th annual VPPPA National Converence, Anaheim, CA.
- Greenwald, J. (2008, March). Ergonomic Programs: Building on NIOSH Elements.Presented at the 11th annual Applied Ergonomics Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Anderson, A.M. (2007, October). Learning Percentage Analysis for Alternative Keyboards.Presented at the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Meeting,Baltimore, MD.
- Sherman, B.R. (2007, August). The Ergonomist’s Role in Back Injury Prevention and Return to Work Accommodation. Presented at Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic Worker’s Compensation Seminar, Raleigh, NC.
- Sherman, B.R. (2007, May). Evaluating Risk Associated With Manual Materials Handling. Presented at the Eastern Ergonomics Conference, New York, NY.
- Sherman, B.R. (2007, May). The Aging Workforce Defined. Presented at the Eastern Ergonomics Conference, New York, NY.
- Sherman, B.R. (2007, March). You can’t spell “lean processing manufacturing engineering” without the letters E-R-G-O-N-O-M-I-C-S. Presented at the 10thannual Applied Ergonomics Conference, Dallas, TX.
- Greenwald, J. (2007, March). Making Your Ergonomics Program Proactive, Not Reactive.Presented at the 10th annual Applied Ergonomics Conference, Dallas, TX.
- Greenwald, J. (2007, March). How Many Ways Can You Say “Ergonomy”.Presented at the 10th annual Applied Ergonomics Conference, Dallas, TX.
Recent Ergonomics Area Journal and Book Chapter Publications
- Corbett, B., Nam, C. S., and Yamaguchi, T. (2016). The Effects of Haptic Feedback and Visual Distraction on Pointing Task Performance.International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction(DOI:10.1080/10447318.2015.1094914)
- Kaber, D. B., Pankok, C., Corbett, B., Ma, W., Hummer, J. & Rasdorf, W. (2015). Driver behavior in use of guide and logo signs under distraction and complex roadway conditions. Applied Ergonomics, 47, 99-106.
- Pankok, C., Kaber, D. B., Rasdorf, W. & Hummer, J. (2015). Effects of Guide and Logo Signs on Freeway Driving Behavior. Transportation Research Record(Journal of the Transportation Research Board), No. 2518, pp. 73-78. DOI: 10.3141/2518-10.
- Pankok, C., Zahabi, M., Zhang, W. & Kaber, D. B. (in press). The effect of physical workload and modality of information presentation on cognitive inhibition in highfit young males. To appear in IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics & Human Factors.
- Mohammadzadeh, F. F., Liu, S., Bond, K. A., & Nam, C. S. (2015). Feasibility of a Wearable, Sensor-Based Motion Tracking System. Procedia Manufacturing, 3, 192-199.
- Nam, C S., Wadeson, A., Whang, M., and Choi, I. (2016). Brain-Computer Interfaces: Research in Communication and Control. In K. L. Norman (Ed.): Handbook of Human-Computer Interaction. Wiley Press.
- Nijholt, A., and Nam, C. S. (2015). Arts and Brain-Computer Interface. Brain-Computer Interfaces, 2(2-3), 57-59.
- Powers, J., Bieliaieva, K., Wu, S., and Nam, C. S. (2015). The Human Factors and Ergonomics of P300-Based Brain–Computer Interfaces. Brain Sciences, 5, 318-356.
- Wadeson, A., Nijholt, A., and Nam, C. S. (2015). Artistic brain-computer interfaces: State-of-the-Art Control Mechanisms. Brain-Computer Interfaces, 2(2-3), 60-69.
- Zahabi, M., Kaber, D. B. & Swangnetr, M. (in press). Usability and safety in electronic medical records: A review of literature and guideline formulation. To appear in Human Factors. DOI: 10.1177/0018720815576827.
- Greenwald, J. (2009, March). Sphere of Safety: Moving Ergonomics Programs Forward. IIE Industrial Engineer, Pg 26-30.
Recent Ergonomics Area Referenced Conference Publications
- Choi, H., Bond, K., Krusienski, D., & Nam, C. S. (2015). Comparison of Stimulation Patterns to Elicit Steady-State Somatosensory Evoked Potentials (SSSEPs): Implications for Hybrid and SSSEP-Based BCIs. The 2015 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC 2015).
- Choi, H., Feng, J., & Nam, C. S. (2015). A Wandering Mind Cannot Resolve Conflicts in Displayed Information. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society’s 59thAnnual Meeting.
- Lee, J., Lindquist, K., & Nam, C. S. (2015). Predicting Emotional Intelligence with EEG Coherence. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society’s 59thAnnual
- Li, Y., & Nam, C. S. (2015). A Collaborative Brain-Computer Interface for ALS Patients. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society’s 59thAnnual Meeting.
- Mohammadzadeh, F. F., Bond, K. A., Liu, S., & Nam, C. S. (2015). Feasibility of a Wearable, Sensor-Based Motion Tracking System. Proceeding of the 6thInternational Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2015), Las Vegas, USA.
- Mirka, G.A., Jin. S., and Hoyle J. (2009). An evaluation of arborist handsaws. Applied Ergonomics, 40(1): 8-14.
- Anderson, A.M., Meador, K.A., McClure, L.R., Makrozahopolous, D., Brooks, D.J., and Mirka, G.A. (2007). A biomechanical analysis of anterior load carriage.Ergonomics,50, 2104-2117.
- Splittstoesser, R.E., Yang, G., Knapik, G.G., Hoyle, J.A.,Lahoti, P., Vatan Korkmaz, S., Sommerich, C.M., Lavender, S.A., and Marras, W.S (2007). Spinal loading during manual materials handling in a kneeling posture. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 17: 25-34.
- Korkmaz, S.V., Hoyle, J.A., Knapik, G.G., Splittstoesser, R.E., Yang, G., Trippany, D.R., Lahoti, P., Sommerich, C.M., Lavender, S.A., and Marras, W.S. (2006). Baggage handling in an airplane cargo hold: An ergonomic intervention study. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 36: 301-312.
- Woldstad, J.C., and Sherman, B.R. (1998). The effects of a back belt on posture, strength, and spinal compressive force during static lift exertions. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 22: 409-416. Download a copy of the article.