Ergonomics Training for Managers and Supervisors
Our training for managers and supervisors is designed to ensure the successful integration of ergonomics principles in workplace through successful implementation of the client’s ergonomics process. After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe elements of the client’s ergonomics process and how manager, supervisor and individual employees can support it.
- Explain management’s role of supplying appropriate ergonomic resources.
- Explain how line management can participate in ergonomic risk assessment.
- Define MSDs and give examples.
- List MSD symptoms and explain the importance of early reporting.
- Explain the appropriate steps for reporting WMSD symptoms.
- Identify risk factors that contribute to WMSDs.
- Explain the importance of working in neutral postures and how it affects fatigue.
- Describe the types of medical intervention appropriate for WMSD treatment and management’s role in medical management of injured employees.
- Describe simple approaches to improve ergonomics in the industrial workplace.
- Define the appropriate use of engineering controls and administrative controls
This workshop runs 90-120 minutes.