- This event has passed.
Office Ergonomics Accreditation Program (OEAP)-Virtual Workshop
April 6 @ 11:00 am - April 8 @ 5:00 pm
Learn the skills necessary to evaluate an office workstation and make prioritized recommendations for corrective action. Become an Accredited Office Ergonomics Evaluator (AOEE) with credentials issued by North Carolina State University.
DAY 1: INTRODUCTION TO OFFICE ERGONOMICS
- Identify the components of the musculoskeletal system
- Identify the factors that increase the risk of muscle fatigue and understand basic bio-mechanics and how it related to ergonomics
- Identify the two types of MSDs and their symptoms
- Learn about the four ergonomic stressors
DAY 2: CONDUCTING AN ERGONOMIC EVALUATION
- Learn about the adjustments of standard office equipment
- Learn how to prioritize recommended changes using reported discomfort
- Learn how to collect discomfort data
- Learn how to conduct an ergonomics analysis of an office workstation
- Learn about the types of control measures and how to integrate them into a work environment
- Learn how to select office equipment and the fundamentals of workstation design
Individuals who complete all requirements of the Accredited Office Ergonomics Evaluator (AOEE) receive credentials which signify that the individual has demonstrated the ability to perform the following:
- Evaluate an individual office workstation
- Adjust existing equipment to the user
- Recommend and/or purchase needed equipment
- Train the employee on the basics of workstation setup and proper adjustment of equipment
The credentials provided by OEAP do NOT denote a qualification to diagnose an illness or injury, prescribe any level of treatment, or evaluate environments other than the office.